Sunday, May 24, 2009

Esperanza, Amor, y Luz


Hello! Writing from Esteli, Nicaragua…Today has been a pretty crummy day, felt pretty sick in the morning. But I took a nap for a few hours and felt a lot better. Missed the visit to the midwife clinic and the museum of Esteli however… Everyday has been jam packed with lectures and lots of activities. Yesterday we visited Los Quinchos, a center for street children who have been neglected. The visit was, by far, the most intense experience for me. Carlos, the founder of the center, spoke about the program and everything it has achieved so far. During his speech, I couldn’t stop crying. I’m guessing everything we have been experiencing hit me all at once. Overall, the release of all the emotions that I kept inside felt really therapeutic.

This experience has been extremely eye-opening. I’m really excited I was fortunate enough to be a part of this delegation. I can’t wait to go home and share what I saw and felt.


Love Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment