Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bahhhhhhhhh Nicaragua in 12 Hours

Bahhhhhhhhhhh is the best word that can describe how I feel right now. It describes how anxious I am and excited and a little bit scared. I am all packed and ready to go. I leave to Martha's house (where a couple of us are staying until we leave to Newark Airport at 3AM) in a couple of hours and I am sitting here just thinking, thinking about everything it took to get here and everything that is waiting for me in Nicaragua.

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes I am scared but not like watching a scarry movie scared, just plain scared or worried. Im nervous too. But I know that will all vanish the moment we step off the plane and we are finally in Nicaragua. I am excited to meet the families that we will be staying with. My nieace Bella made a couple of drawings for me to give to the kids in Nicaragua, I am glad that I got her involved in the best way I could, she loves to draw. I think thats an important thing to remember. That everyone can do something, even a little thing like that. And we all can bring something to the table. And words are important too, our voice alone is such a powerful tool that many people done even use. Thats what we will be doing when we get back, tell people our experiences and say "Yes we were there...that is really happeneing... what are we going to do about it."

Preparing for this project took alot of effort, time, and passion. It was my craziest semester yet but it was well worth all the hard work. In a matter of hours I will be in Nicaragua. And for some reason I still cant wrap my head around it. Bahhhhhh

Well I am about to have my last meal before I leave to Nicaragua. My family is taking me out to dinner at my favorite Colombian resutrant. I will eat alot, more then I should. Oh well!! Next time I blog,I will be in NICARAGUA!! Woooooooooooot Wooooooooooot :)

Muchos Besos <3

Joarlynn aka: Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment